Operations Excellence Manager
A results-driven and enthusiastic Business Optimisation Project Manager with 10 years of operational excellence experience, implementing multi-function process improvements in a variety of industries from small organisations to large enterprises.
3PL Contract Logistics Implementation
~ Project implementation management and lead cross-functional project team members to achieve successful implementation of new client warehouse solution in 3PL multi-client warehouse. Specific focus on:
• Meet project milestones on schedule by identifying critical path deliverables
• Manage the financial aspects of project cost and budget by optimising resource management
• Detect potential risks and implement solutions to avoid or mitigate high probability risks
• Effectively engage and communicate with stakeholders through meetings and status reporting
Non-Profit Continuous Improvement
~ Interim management of fundraising operations during optimisation period of establishing procedures and improving business processes by managing and expanding strategic donor partnerships.
• Deliver performance and governance reports with alignment to all stakeholder requirements
• Analyse and optimise existing processes and procedures to achieve the highest results
SME Business Optimisation
~ Analysis of business objectives and proposal of compelling and innovative solutions to address client business and technology issues.
• Increase qualified leads through inbound marketing strategy for a warehouse software company
• Plan, design and develop business solution tools for start-up companies. Tools such as:
- Inventory Management: An inventory tracking tool for a food service provider
- Request for quotation: Quotation and costing tool for an interior decorator
- CRM: A donor database for an educare non-profit
~ Interim management during national resource optimisation project by leading 150 team members in warehousing, transportation, finance and administration activities to achieve operational goals and project targets, whilst maintaining the lowest cost of ZAR 50 million per annum in the Region.
• Create smooth workflows by removing redundancies, train and develop existing team members as well as monitor the outputs with clear and specific key performance metrics
• Design and implement of waste disposal strategy with least cost through demand forecasting and planning to minimise wasted stock, optimise rebate return, selecting a supplier to reuse the waste product
~ Regional optimisation leader in East Africa to create business plans that meet the profitability targets, execute robust P&L reporting and monitoring system, as well as develop and implement practical operational procedures for warehouse activities to cover inbound and outbound shipments, internal auditing, and stock management.
• Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• Drive technology-enabled supply chain transformation by managing project implementation of online warehouse management system in Uganda
• Plan, coordinate and implement activities according to project plan with the achievement of all project milestones of new warehouse contract in Kenya
~ Consultation on Performance Improvement Projects in Supply Chain Operations / Transformation, Risk, Financial Transformation and Enterprise Intelligence at governmental and state-owned organisations. Projects:
• Governance and management of the procurement process
• Analysis of commitment register and physical verification of assets
• Process improvement through business analysis and operational review
~ Promotion from Graduate Trainee to Business Analyst within 6 months leading to the role of route planning analyst to optimise the distribution of orders to the relevant stakeholders in the various regions by smoothing volumes to improve fleet utilisation, analysing customers’ drop size and deliveries.
~ Liaison between all departments to ensure customer satisfaction and retention by monitoring schedules and coordinating with distribution departments to ensure on-time delivery, developing new processes to ensure efficient deliveries and effective provision of service. Logistics Project-lead on setting up a pilot EDI system.
~ Blend of expertise: marketing research, customer behaviour and product management with business, economics, accounting, management and operational insight.Degree: Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing Management
~ In-depth understanding of logistics technologies; strategic sourcing and distribution channels as well as match supply and demand through quantitative modelling.Degree: Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Logistics Management