Business Development Director
Our client is currently searching for a Business Development Director in Australia with solid business development experience and generating revenue by designing unique value propositions, aligned with the methodology of our client, and delivering these propositions to “C” level. Our client is a leading global operations consulting firm with three decades of presence in 40 countries. They take a people-centric approach accelerating strategy realisation.
Context for the Role
Our client's consulting model calls for dedicated Executive Directors who fulfill a role similar to partner equivalents in the major accounting firms without necessarily having direct industry specialty.
Business Development Directors target industries and potential clients that could benefit from our methods. Engagement with these potential buyers requires developing a relevant opportunity to first meet and pursuing conversations that can provide a revenue generating opportunity.
To generate revenue by designing unique value propositions, aligned with the methodology of our client, and delivering these propositions to “C” level
To introduce new clients and generate revenue by engaging in discussions with “C” level (CEO, CFO, and CIO etc) managers. The progress of such discussions ill determine a scope of work and / or an objective for consulting services to be proposed in exchange for professional fees.
To monitor engagements within their portfolio of active Accounts.
- Select market opportunities where services of our client are best suited.
- Continuously probe and understand target customers needs.
- Develop programs to build awareness and interest in Company’s offering
- Help develop sales collateral and work with staff to prepare bids.
- Initiate profitable programs that build company’s market presence.
- Develop long term relationships with clients.
- Provide insight and advice on product/ service development and new market opportunities.
- Produce reports to monitor results and maintain contact management system
- Deliver $1.5 million in new sales in the first year
- Deliver $2.5 million in new sales in the second year
- Deliver sales targets as set by the Company annually
- Develop a complete understanding of our client's methods and relevant case material
- Develop context relevant approaches to prospective clients and conduct introductory calls correspondence and meetings with a view to generate consulting revenue
- Prepare context relevant research for new meetings booked
Key Results Areas
- Sales revenue
- The number of sales meetings booked with targeted senior executives
- Lead time from contact top sale
- Able to build trust, value others, communicate effectively, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high level of integrity
- Able maintain professional internal and external relationships
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills to support well-structured presentations and proposals
- Able to convey complex subjects effectively
- Has a track record in management consulting and an existing business network
- Has a desire to grow sales and aspires to a leadership role
- Can think strategically and creatively
- Capable of understanding a complex value proposition and delivering it persuasively to business executives
- Excellent negotiating, interpersonal skills and listening skills
- Persistence, Persistence, Persistence