Adaptable, motivated and experienced professional. Possess great interpersonal skills, excellent research, and report writing skills. Over 10 years’ experience in the financial services and professional services. Able to work independently and as part of a team. Highly collaborative, analytical and enjoy learning and problem solving.
- Carried out research and prepared business proposals for submission to clients.
- Interacted with client teams and other stakeholders, carried out research and benchmarking to best practice in order to inform the development of recommendations/solutions for client business issues.
- Assisted with facilitating client strategy workshop sessions.
- Engaged with clients’ employees, senior management team and other stakeholders to gather insights used to prepare business proposals and presentations for the client.
- Carried out research and collected market and internal data to analyze the client’s business context.
- Identified key business issues and developed hypotheses to find business solutions; and compiled reports of findings and recommendations to clients.
- Supported client to implement strategic initiatives, change and continuous improvement to business processes by assisting with the preparation of work plans and tracking roll out of initiatives
- Identified key performance indicators used to create weekly and monthly reports to monitor and track business performance against set targets
- Provided support to a business unit’s General Manager and assisted with strategic initiatives and operational deliverables
- Coordinated meetings by preparing draft agendas and presentations to enable productive discussions
- Documented minutes and action items in monthly business unit executive committee forums
- Followed up on action items with senior managers and consolidated feedback
- Assisted with the business planning process and compiled the business unit’s scorecard
- Quarterly update of the business unit scorecard
- Compiled monthly and quarterly reports to track business performance against targets
- Compiled ad hoc Board reports
1. Western Cape Provincial Institutional Framework
- Carried out research on the socio-economic and spatial dynamics in the Western Cape Province, as part of the development of a provincial institutional framework for public transport in the province.
2. eThekwini and Polokwane municipality Integrated Rapid Public Transport Network (IRPTN)
- Assisted with the Financial Business Plan – created funding model. Carried out research to assess and benchmark international public transport funding models and made recommendations on a suitable funding mix.
- Assisted with the preparation of the business plan submitted for the grant funding application from the National Treasury.
- Assessed, carried out research and reported on the stability of the South African banking and financial system. Compiled and analyzed macro-prudential indicators of economic activity for the South African financial services sector.
- Carried out research work on global and domestic financial stability issues and provided input into the Financial Stability Review publication
- Daily Value at Risk (DVaR) production and reporting. This included co-coordinating the DVaR production and reporting activity, analyzing and interpreting large volumes of data and communicating issues with all the stakeholders and assisting with changes to existing processes/new business initiatives.
- Stress testing and back testing of the internal model.
- Regulatory reporting and communication with the central bank
- Tested market risk models, performed scenario analysis
- Worked closely with IT developers & the RAC Quants team on the creation, testing, and rollout of new yield curves into the Automated Rates Process (ARP) system.
- Assisted with the capturing and loading of market rates into the ARP systems for marking-to-market the bank's positions
Assisted with the daily risk reporting, i.e. VaR, ETL and regulatory reporting to the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
Worked on the pricing of the various derivative instruments and other quantitative risk measures