Strategically minded leader with 23 years’ experience within the automotive and electrical/electronic manufacturing sectors. Offering expertise in leading Business Operations in order to improve margins. Advanced skills in Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement, LEAN Six Sigma, Best Practise, TPM and SDWT. Develop and mobilizes talent to create high performing cultures, within a solid teamenvironment, that aims at consistently achieving and exceeding Customer- and Stakeholder satisfaction.
• Within my role, I direct and oversee daily operations to ensure the business is well-coordinated, optimized and productive.
• Provide leadership and implement strategies that augment the efficiency of operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
• Develop and implement improvement strategies to enhance customer delivery performance, quality and cost.
• Lead and oversee customer service, purchasing and supply chain, safety and environment, HR and technical.
• Manage the delivery and performance of the Continuous Improvement Program to ensure exemplary customer satisfaction.
• Lead a department of approximately 130 employees, with 6 direct reports.
• Strategic Projects responsibilities include the implementation of LED light engine manufacturing (SMT) facility, ensuring BBEEE compliance, managing the SYPRO stock control team and leadership of Strategic CAPEX improvement projects.
• Align and coordinate the LIA manufacturing strategy with the overall strategic plan.
• Ensure all business targets are met, including financial targets.
• Coordinate and manage the optimization of equipment utilization.
• Maintain sound Industrial Relations across the organisation.
• Actively involved in mentoring, people development and performance management.
• Coordinate and oversee implementation of Best Practice Programs.
• Enforce health and safety policies as well as SABS quality systems.
• Appointed to coordinate and drive the Employment Equity Committee.
• Sales and Marketing
• New Business Development / Sales in new territories. Design and implementation of Market Penetration –as well as New Business Development Strategies
• Development of company marketing material, value proposition (incl. elevator pitch), as well as implementation and coordination of the Digital Marketing Strategy.
Achievements/highlights at Lighting Innovations Africa:
• Designed, Project Managed and Implemented the first LED SMT Production Facility which drastically improved customer service, significantly reduced cost and improving flexibility.
• Coordinated and oversaw operations for the Neave manufacturing site, implementing strategic processes and practices to ensure compliance, efficiency and profitability.
• Implemented group manufacturing strategies and improved performance, consistently identifying ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all areas.
• Key customers included PG Glass, Glass fit, Carglass Belgium, Laddaw in the UK and Guardian in Germany.
• Managed and oversaw customer service, delivery performance, quality, planning and logistics, technical, safety and environment, HR and production.
• Led a department of approximately 700 employees, with 10 direct reports.
• Designed plant strategy for manufacturing, including a benchmark blueprint for future investment.
• Developed, managed and controlled costs and budgets.
• Maintained sound Industrial Relations and disciplinary practices.
• Actively involved in mentoring and developing employees.
• Drove Mission Directed Work Teams (MDWT).
• Coordinated LEAN, KAIZAN and TPM activities.
• Implemented and oversaw adherence to health and safety regulations.
• Developed strategies to maximize human capital and machinery utilization.
• Maintained the TS16949 and ISO14001 systems.
• Drove the Employment Equity Committee and Continuous Improvement Programs.
• Implemented MDWT, key KPI’s, worker involvement and interaction, performance management and new Capex projects.
Achievements / Highlights at Shatterprufe:
• Due to my developing strategic relationships with customers and continuously driving improvement in quality and delivery, the company was named one of the preferred suppliers of aftermarket windshields in the UK and Europe.
• Skillfully improved customer satisfaction and service, as well as strategic planning and execution of a 3-year plan to move from a loss-making company to a profitable company.
• Implemented a Graduate Program and First Line Management Development Training Program.
Six Sigma Black BeltDegree: Certificate
Operations Management (RPL)Degree: Diploma Course (RPL)
Manufacturing Management Development ProgramDegree: Certificate
Degree in Quality ManagementDegree: Degree
Executive Management Development ProgramDegree: Certificate
Matric / Grade 12Degree: Certificate