Continuous improvement professional with 15 years’ experience. A certified six sigma black belt with working knowledge of developing and deploying continuous improvement in large organisations and delivering significant value from these. Strong process and system development expertise and linking these to enable strategy. Strong project management, broad business focus, change management and culture change experience. Solid management and coaching skills, including leading and inspiring teams achieve business objectives while working across all levels in the business.
Providing leadership and direction for the continuous improvement program. Development of systems and processes to drive excellence within the business. Leading and performing analysis, co-ordination and facilitation of the operations and services end to end performance and processes including managing the identification and implementation of improvement initiatives supporting the achievement of the business priorities.
• Development and deployment of the integrated continuous improvement strategy across the operation.
• Identification of technical and process capability gaps and management of projects to achieve full potential.
• Developing and implementing processes to ensure sustainability of project execution and process changes.
• Develop and maintain the management operating systems and rhythms & routines aligned to the operating model.
• Leading and facilitating projects and or events which address plant improvement opportunities.
• Communicating with senior leadership, functional and operational employees on program progress and outcomes.
• Business process management enabling improved performance and ongoing coaching on new processes.
• Working with operational managers to develop improvement project pipelines linked to the key value drivers.
• Facilitation of improvement and strategic change initiatives and project workshops with various stakeholders.
• Working with regional and corporate team, providing feedback and aligning to productivity and full potential objectives.
• Ensuring the integration of sub functions in the operations in the delivery of strategic initiatives and projects.
• Performing a process governance role in the areas of the business which are strategic imperatives.
• Managed and led the continuous improvement, productivity and cost reduction program delivering $65m in benefit.
• Facilitated improvement workshops with 1300 employees, building a $25m cost reduction opportunity pipeline.
• Managed the financial sustainability project - cost out workstream, delivered $8m in cost out benefit.
• Facilitated the development of the $92m full potential roadmap ensuring business financial sustainability.
• Managed and led the contractor reduction project, delivered 25% improvement in contractor usage.
• Development of a benchmark system - Hillside Way of Working and replicated with Australian operations.
• Lead for the business planning process rollout across manganese mines and smelters and global shared services.
• Team member for the South32 operating system project, performed design and assessment work in Australia.