Manager (Southeast Asia)
Our client is seeking highly qualified candidates for Manager from a Top-Tier Strategy Consultancy in the Southeast Asia. Our client is a leading global operations consulting firm, dynamic and a fast-growing company that delivers rapid, sustainable results and builds better businesses for its clients. The company has a solid reputation for delivering fully implemented, bottom-line improvements to clients across a wide range of sectors and countries. They offer an exceptional career path, a career enhancing environment and excellent benefits. They are absolutely committed to hiring consultants who want to wed themselves to the business and get on the Director election path.
About the client
- Our client is a dynamic and fast-growing company that delivers rapid, sustainable results and builds better businesses for their clients. As they look to expand into new geographies and industries there are opportunities for motivated individuals to join their team.
- Our client has built a solid reputation for delivering fully implemented, bottom-line improvements to clients across a wide range of sectors and countries. The majority of their work is helping management turn around a business rapidly. This means that they focus on the highest value levers ¬usually around increasing production and revenue and improving cost efficiency.
To supplement our client’s team, we are looking for a Manager.
What we are looking for:
- 3 years consulting experience with tier 1 strat-house firms (e.g. Bain, BCG, McKinsey) leading to performance improvement in very complex situations or at least 5 years work experience in a senior industry position
- Candidates coming from top tier strategy consulting firms interested in working for an implementation consulting firm
- Ideal industries of experience: Pulp & Paper, Construction, Chemical, Construction, Public Sector, Commodities, Industrials, Mining, Manufacturing, Food, etc. and open to other industries of specialty.
- Excellent academic background
- Bachelor's degree from top universities
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to structure and prioritize effort within an area and ask the right questions to get to root causes
- Well equipped with consulting toolkits in a Manager's role capacity
- Track record of achieving tough targets under pressure
- Ability to build trust with Senior Managers and achieve results though managing a team, prioritizing the professional development of team members
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to construct compelling arguments supported by the right facts
- Your main role is the overall management of delivering improvements that are measurable within an area of the client’s business. You will be the front-line change agent in that area. You will set the standards for the activities required ensuring the client results, sustainability and coaching your team members, the Implementation Facilitator and Senior Managers within your area to do the same.
- You will lead the problem-solving effort and prioritize opportunities ensuring that the team’s efforts are always within the highest-value priorities. You will help your Implementation Facilitator and the clients' senior staff drive rapid and sustainable implementation, coaching them to embed continuous improvement into their business practices.
- You will prepare Driver Trees in identifying key improvement levers and focus regions; prioritize efforts according to implementation value and ease; facilitate baseline identification and reconcile targets with stakeholders; ensure completion of idea owners in robust idea forms that includes data sources and assumptions using the 80:20 rule to work around data limitations; ensure the commitment from the idea owners, stakeholders and the Area Senior Manager to implement improvement ideas; develop and manage implementation strategies in achieving rapid results; and, review progress of ideas with the idea owners and the client’s managers and escalate concerns ensuring optimum results.
- Southeast Asia
- Nationals or PR holders of Malaysia and Singapore
- Nationals of Southeast Asia based in their home country who are willing to travel in Southeast Asia
- Must speak English and the country’s local language.
- As soon as possible